The lovely Rachael Ritchey nominated me for the Liebster Award. I am really honoured, because I’ve only had this blog for about two months now, so thank you so much! 🙂
So, here are my answers to Rachael’s questions:
1. If you could be any super hero, already imagined or one of your own making, what would it be? Why?
Well, my favourite superhero has always been Spider-Man, I liked him the most when I was a child and it stuck with me. But I would rather be my own superhero. Snake-woman, for example. I would be venomous and have long front teeth (almost like a vampire, which is cool) but I would be a good guy, so maybe I would be able to convince people to stop hating snakes. I think snakes are misunderstood. This answer got a little weird…
2. Forrest Gump said, “Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.” Are you the kind of person who will try anything once or are you afraid of the possibility of hating whatever you might bite into, so you don’t try?
I must admit I’m a kind of person who is generally afraid of change and new things. I like stability, and the fact that I’m really introverted doesn’t help either. But I’m trying to change that, because if you don’t try anything you won’t achieve anything. I’m working on it, I promise. 🙂
3. What is it about blogging that makes you keep coming back for more?
Well, after finishing college I didn’t want to stop engaging with literature and I decided to start this blog. I also like to write but I’ve never published anything, so I see this blog as a way to show my work to the world. It turned out much better than I thought it would, there are so many inspiring bloggers here and I enjoy reading their posts.
4. If you could tell the next generation one thing, what would it be?
I think I would like to teach the new generation that environment is important. Profit shouldn’t be more important than our planet. It shouldn’t be more important than the lives of people, or all the other creatures that live here. Actually it would be better to travel back in time and tell the people how their actions are affecting us all… Why do I get so mixed up in these answers? XD
5. Were/are you cool or a nerd in high school? How does this affect your outlook on life now?
I definitely wasn’t cool. I was quite a loner in high school and none of my friends went to the same high school as I did. I had quite good grades, but I wasn’t considered a nerd. I was one of those kids who dress in black and listen to rock, goth and metal music. I still do today, to be honest.
6. Do you have a favorite place to just sit and relax? If so, where?
I’m going to be completely predictable and say my room. That’s where I read, write and relax.
7. What is your biggest
secret goal for this year?
To find a job I like. I would like to do something connected to culture, literature, or at least translation. Or to continue with my education, that would also be great.
8. When did you first start blogging and how did it feel?
I posted my first post on May 17th this year. I didn’t really expect much, I just wanted to write about things that interest me, mainly books. When I posted my introductory post I did feel a bit weird, I have to admit. I’ve never had a blog before, and I mostly only shared some of my thoughts in 140 characters tweets, and I moslty tweet in Croatian so not many people in the world can understand it. XD
9. No matter how many times I try to stay away from alien questions, Brant Hanson’s voice keeps popping back in my head. I have to ask, If an alien from outer space offered you one million dollars and an island of your own in exchange for your ability to formulate coherent replies to people’s questions, would you do it?
I don’t think so, it would be a lonely life not to be able to respond to people… I may not be a very communicative person, but there are important people in my life I absolutely have to be able to talk to.
10. What are your top 3-5 qualities you appreciate/admire in your friends?
Honesty, open-mindedness, respect for other’s opinions and being passionate about something. I love when people have this one thing they are really passionate about and can talk about it for hours. Maybe you like books, films, biology, dinosaurs or you collect tiny ceramic unicorns (Tangled reference haha) it’s nice to have something you really like.
Here are the people I nominate. Of course, you don’t have to accept the nomination, but I would really like to hear your answers:
- Kendall F. Person
- Ste J
- John White
- The Eclectic Poet
- Stephen Basdeo
And here are my questions for you. It took me a lot of time to think of them, I must be honest, I never know what to ask people:
- If you could choose your theme song, which song would it be?
- People often ask about favourite characters, but I would like to know who are your favourite villains?
- What would be your dream trip?
- If you could own a fictional/fairy tale/fantasy pet, what would it be? Why?
- What was the first book you read on your own?
- Do you read multiple books at the same time? Or do you prefer to read just one book at a time?
- Why did you decide to start blogging?
- What is your favourite month? Why?
- What is the last film you’ve seen? Did you like it? Would you recommend it?
- Name some of the (small) things that make you happy.
These are the few requirements to be met:
- Once you are nominated, make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
- Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
- Nominate 7-10 (supposed to be 10 ) other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
- Answer the ten questions asked to you by the person who nominated you
- Make ten questions of your own for your nominees.
- Lastly, COPY these rules in the post.
- ALL THE NOMINEES ARE FREE TO ACCEPT OR REJECT THE NOMINATION