This tag was made by Hannah booksandbeauty on Youtube, and since October, my favourite month, is in its full bloom and Halloween’s approaching, I thought it was a perfect tag to do. You can watch the original video here. Now, let’s get started!
1. Morticia Addams, the mother and a witch. – What is your favourite witch book?
The witch books by Terry Pratchett, from his Discworld series, starting with Wyrd Sisters. Terry Pratchett was a genious.
2. Gomez Addams is a loving father. – Who is your favourite fictional dad?
Arthur Weasley, from the Harry Potter series. He’s an amazing dad and an amazing person in general. Weasleys are such a great family…
3. Uncle Fester Addams can generate electricity. – What book makes you light up so much that you can’t stop yourself talking about it?
There are several… It was Harry Potter for my entire childhood. Lately, it’s The Last Man by Mary Shelley. Even though Frankenstein is one of my favourite books of all time, I’ve read this book only recently. I loved it, and I just want everyone to love it as much as I did… And that’s why I wrote a post about it. And if you like Mary Shelley and nice illustrations, just click HERE. Do it. Trust me.
4. Wednesday Addams is obsessed with death. – If you could have killed off a character in any book who would it have been?
I’m actually looking through my shelves for this one… And I really don’t know. There are some characters I hate but I still wouldn’t kill them because you need those characters as well.
5. Pugsley Addams has a vicious nature and plays nasty pranks on everyone. – Who is your favourite villain?
I’d say the Frankenstein’s monster, but he’s not really a villain. And I don’t want to say Voldemort because I mention Harry Potter too much as well. So, I’ll say Patrick Bateman from American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis. He’s horrible, and the entire book is from his perspective so it makes you feel quite disgusted and disturbed… However, I think it’s a great book, even though being inside Patrick’s head cannot be described as a pleasant experience.
6. Lurch is based on Frankenstein and a zombie. – What is your favourite adaptation (book/film) of a story?
I usually get disappointed by adaptations. But a really great one would be Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys. I’m not sure if it could be described as an adaptation, but it deals with the characters from Jane Eyre, focusing of the story of Rochester’s “crazy” wife Bertha Mason (or Antoinette). It’s just great and deals with so many themes which were never addressed in Jane Eyre. And it will make you feel so many emotions…
7. Grandmama is an old classic witch. – What is your favourite old classic horror book?
OK, I think it would be stupid to mention Frankenstein again. XD So, my second favourite would be Carmilla by Sheridan Le Fanu. Carmilla is amazing!
8. Show us some of your horror books.
Well, the tag was made for Youtube, but I decided to actually show them anyway. Some of these are not really horror, but they have some horror elements and are often classified as such.
9. What are you going as for Halloween this year?
We don’t actually celebrate Halloween in my country. For the last decade or so there are some Halloween parties organized in my town, but it’s not really a part of our tradition. I do like the idea of Halloween and my friends and I did dress up a couple of times. We were the Addams family once, actually XD We don’t have anything planned for this year yet.
10. Favourite Halloween films!
The Addams Family, of course. XD I also love The Nightmare Before Christmas, The Corpse Bride, Frankenweenie… Creepy and cute at the same time, it’s just my kind of thing. When it comes to horror films, I’d suggest a Korean one because I don’t think many people know about it – The Tale of Two Sisters. It’s really creepy, and it will leave you wondering what had actually happened.
So, hope this was fun for you. And happy Halloween! 🙂