I was nominated by the lovely Rachel @paceamorelibri for this award – Thank you so much! ❤ People, go check out her blog if you haven’t already! She’s great!
- Thank the person that nominated you and leave a link to their blog.
- Post about the award.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate at most 15 people.
- Tell your nominees they’ve been nominated for one lovely award.
Facts about me:
Is it just me, or is it very hard to talk about yourself? 😄 Well, these are some facts I came up with:
1. I recently adopted two chinchillas! It’s the most important thing that has happpened to me lately and I’m so happy! 🙂 My country, Croatia, recently passed a law that forbids farming animals for fur (finally!) Our animal rights group, Animal Friends Croatia, helped the chinchillas find their new homes. Sadly, only one farmer actually gave his chinchillas for adoption. 😦 I hope others will follow. Anyway, I adopted two girls – Kira (Valkira = Valkyrie in Croatian) and Seffi (Persephone). Here’s a picture of Kira, on the day I adopted her:
2. I LOVE to travel! I wish I had the means to travel even more. I also collect postcards.
3. And yet, I love being home. I’m not a very outgoing person, and I don’t like crowded places. I like spending time with the people closest to me. Or alone. Alone is also fine. I have my chinchillas and my books for company, so I’m never really alone. 😛
4. I’m a pacifist, and yet I’m strangely obsessed with swords. I actually own a replica of a medieval sword, my parents brought it to me from Spain. I just adore it, it’s one of my most prised possessions!
5. Actually, I’m obsessed with all things medieval, from the very early middle ages to the Rennaisance. My MA thesis was on medieval literature and my professor was a bit confused by my choice. 😄
6. I also love all things Gothic. This includes not only the literature, but also the subculture and music. I don’t consider myself a goth, I’m a blend of few things actually. 😄 But I do mostly wear black.
7. I have a poster of John William Waterhouse’s “The Lady of Shalott” in my room. I love the painting and the poem.
And that’s it! I’ll nominate a few people now, but no pressure to actually do it. :*